Design Use of Pavers
The stepping stones and the pavers can help make the pathways interesting sights that complement the main landscape. These are decorative. At the same time, they make the passage easier, apart from saving the surface from the wear and tear that typically happens on the lawns. There are numerous ideas on how you can come up with your ideal paver designs.
You have to avoid creating patterns with straight lines. You may only go with the straight lines if you are originally opting for the geometrical garden designs. You have to create the pathways with curves or wandering patterns. Aside from that, you need to take note of the pathway’s end point. The pathways that do not really end up in a specific spot are not helpful at the very least. This may even be interpreted as silly.
Using different materials for the paver designs are a good way to enhance the stepping stones and the pavers. You may come up with a special masterpiece to help you eventually mark an important area in the location. You may even place your name or the street address on the paver. This can serve as the entry marker for the venue.
Utilizing materials like stone and brick for the pavers designs can help you create the seating areas or the patios in the venue. You may mix and match materials and get creative. You may even consider creating a mosaic in a specific point in the area.
The wood rounds can help you create a nice surface and numerous paver designs possibilities. However, this may deteriorate at a faster rate compared to some of the other materials. The deterioration rate will highly depend on the climate.
The materials for the patio paver designs may range from the stepping stones that were precast to the elaborate stepping stones. You may purchase the stepping stones from the garden centers. On the other hand, you may buy sculpted stones from the craft fairs. Using bricks and other groups of materials can help you create a section that you may consider as a large stepping stone. You may even separate the materials into chunks of flagstones.
The paths made of stepping stones are highly appropriate to help you create fencing for the area. You may use these materials to help you lead the main traffic towards the lawns. You may also utilize them to help prevent grass deterioration.
Designers choose paver styles to harmonize with the surrounding area. Two colors of pavers can be combined to provide interest in large areas. Pavers also come in blended colors to add interest.
Paver designs are similar to other colored concrete, or brick products: shade variations may occur. This can result from slight variations in dye lots and the raw materials used. Install pavers from several pallets at a time.
Additional Paver Designs Considerations
Here are some additional design considerations:
- Pavers can be selected to complement the stone or facade on the building. Oftentimes, pavers one or two shades lighter than the structure are selected so as not to compete for attention with the structure.
- The use of brick pavers with wood or stone houses adds warmth.
- Pavers can have different textures. When different textures are combined it adds interest.
- Avoid long straight rows of pavers. If straight runs are required, lay the edge pavers parallel to the edge of the path and use a basket weave pattern in the interior.
- For Victorian style housed, repeat the curves of the arched windows and doors by designing curved edges.
- For rectangular colonial styles, repeat the shape by using brick-shaped paver designs.
- For brick homes, select pavers lighter than the brick used on the home or use cobblestone.